Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Running

Sarita and I have decided to participate again this year in the Wasatch Back Relay (more information here). To sum it up, it is a tremendously long relay race with 12 people on a team. You each run 3 legs of the race at about 6 miles a leg on average. It's not for a while but we'll put pictures up after we run. Last year it took us around 28 hours or so to finish.

Last year I distinctly remember never wanting to run the Wasatch Back again, and here we are. I've already started training though and my runs are much longer than they were last year. Sarita has been pretty busy getting ready to defend her honors thesis on Monday so she hasn't been running with me yet but I'm sure I'll talk her into going with me soon.

I've been curious about how far I've actually been running so I created account at http://www.mapmyrun.com/. I guess I've been running about 4 miles and have been going a few times a week so I think I'll be ready by the time the relay comes.

3 comments:

Fife Family said...

Cool,Ididn'tknowyoudidthatlastyear.
(Myspacebarisnotworkingthat'swhyI'mtypinglikethis.)
Istartedrunning(okayactuallymorelikeaslowjog,justabovewalking)afewweeksagoandI'vegottenuptoabout2.2miles-notstraightrunning,butmostly.
HopefullyI'llworkmywayupto4mileslikeyou!
Goodluckwiththerace!
OhandtellSaritagoodluckwithherhonorsthesistoo!

Barbara Rich said...

That'll be a challenge for you, being in the race again, but good for you to get in shape! I'm sure Sarita will get into it too, once the thesis is over with! I wish her the best with that Monday.
Love,
Mom

Laura said...

Wow Jesse! Im up to about 5 miles a day, but I break it up into 2.5 in the morning and 2.5 at night. 6 at once is pretty good! Good luck!