Monday, May 9, 2011

And There was Much Rejoicing

Even though classes have been pretty much over for a couple of weeks now, I still had the exit exam to pass before I was officially finished with the MS Finance program at the U. of Utah. This past Thursday--yes, one day before graduation--I finally took the exit exam. Later that afternoon I received the following message:

Dear MSF Student:
CONGRATULATIONS! You passed the comprehensive exam requirement for your MSF degree. If you are "walking" in the graduation ceremony tomorrow, have a great time. You deserve to be proud of your degree. [I will spare you the further details of my awesomeness.]
 

So with the exit exam successfully passed, I was all set to walk on Friday. While convocations aren't known to be that exciting, it was great to see some of the people from the program. It feels great to be done with the MSF program, but I still have a lot of studying ahead. In June I'm taking the CFA Level II test (there are 3 levels and I have already passed Level I). It will be very difficult so I need to stay focused a bit longer. At least now I have one less thing to worry about.

Here are some pictures from graduation:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jesse! And I love your hair, Sarita! Hope all is going well for you guys and good luck with level II

Barbara Rich said...

It was great sharing your special time with you! What an accomplishment!

Sarita said...

I won't spare you on the further details of his awesomeness: while working on his master's degree, he sat through more night class sessions from 6-10 than I can count, and he still did all our laundry, cooking and cleaning. He paid all our bills on time and "buried" our dead fish. He read 20+ books (of his own choice--NOT for school), kept all our plants alive, fixed 1.5 broken toilets, beat the 2011 record-breaking time for solving Rubik's cubes (29 seconds), and saved a whale . . . not really, but you get the idea. He is awesome.

Barbara Rich said...

He is awesome!

Nick & Chio said...

Congrats, Jesse! You've had a big spring so far!