Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Journal Publication

While I was a research assistant at Brigham Young University working with Dr. Richard "Coach" Butler I got some great experience learning how to conduct research and put together a journal article for submission. One of the last projects I worked on with him was some research on how the Internet has affected journal publications in political science and economics. It is a project that I think he had been working on for a while before I took it up again. I mainly worked on the economics side of things putting together the data and then running the statistical analysis. I then helped with a first draft of writing up everything, mainly taking from some notes Dr. Butler had put together previously. Also working on this project was Dr. Butler's son Daniel. I just found out today that our article will be published in PS: Political Science and Politics. Here is a link to Daniel's website at Yale, where he is new to the political science faculty:

http://pantheon.yale.edu/%7Edmb95/research.html

The article should be easy enough to find and will download in Word. The title he has it listed as is "The Equalizing Effect of the Internet on Access to Research Expertise in Political Science and Economics." (This might not be the most current draft.)

No comments: