Saturday, October 4, 2008

Futon!

So quite a while ago I thought that it would be a good idea to buy a futon off of Craig's List. It was pretty nice but very light colored and I decided that it needed refinishing. It was quite tedious, but with Sarita's help I stripped it and then started to restain it. The whole project took a couple of months, and yes that is the futon being stained in our kitchen. Sarita was very patient with letting me use the bulk of the floor space in the kitchen for so long. Here are some pictures.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow... you are dedicated. Jake obviously did not inherit the staining abilities that run in your family ;o) Maybe ability is the wrong word. More like desire.

Jesse Rich said...

It was an over-ambitious project that I probably would not do again. But the futon looks nice at least. I didn't think it would need refinishing at first.

Katie Rich said...

I didn't get a chance to check it out this weekend, but the futon looks really good!