Monday, August 9, 2010

Going to the moon

Yesterday, our Primary kids were super naughty. I'd like to think that it's because we've been gone for several Sundays and had substitutes. But it's more likely that they're just indulging the latent kid version of Edward Hyde that lies within each of them. So, it was kind of a hard day at church, but I had this conversation with one of our kids, named Joey, while he was supposed to be participating in singing time, and it made me laugh.

Joey doesn't especially like to sing, so he turned to me and said, "Sarita, guess what?"

"What?"

"When I grow up I'm going to be an inventor."

"Oh good! What will you invent?"

"I'm going to invent a rocket ship that will fly to the moon. When I get to the moon, I'm going to take it home. And flush it down the toilet."

"Hmm. The moon is huge! You're going to need a gigantic toilet--"

He held up his finger to silence me and said, "No! I'm going to shrink it and make the moon small. It's going to be smaller than my eyeball!"

"Oh, okay. Good luck with that."

Then he turned around and pretended to be interested in the song, "A Child's Prayer."

This was the highlight of Primary. It went downhill from there.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Haha, that is great. I am glad he thought through how he was going to dispose of the moon - I wouldn't want him to have been disappointed when he got there!

Jesse Rich said...

That's why I like sitting by Joey.